Ear Candling is both soothing and helpful for imbalances in the head, face and neck area, as well as being a natural way to reduce stress. Also, known as Thermo-Auricular Therapy it is a pleasant non-invasive treatment performed in many natural and alternative healthcare practices.
The candles take the form of a tube which is gently placed in the outer ear and, when lit, generates a chimney effect whereby the movement of the flame creates a massage-like effect on the eardrum through a light vibration of air in the base of the candle. The candles have properties that soothe and calm the nervous system, and also have the effect of lifting depression and promoting a general `feel good factor’.
A light facial massage finishes off the treatment leaving the client feeling calm and relaxed.
Ear candles are made to a traditional recipe using pure beeswax, honey extracts and linen. These are incorporated with powdered medicinal herbs such as Chamomile and St John’s Wort, which are well known for their healing properties.
There are a range of Biosun candles to choose from depending on the treatment needed:
- Traditional – a relaxing aroma of honey, sage and camomile enabling you to indulge in a deep and lasting relaxation
- Wellmotion – refreshing and activating your energy reserves with the invigorating scent of lemongrass, eucalyptus and lime; with the feeling of new strength and motivation
- Wellbalance – relaxing and balancing the emotions with the relaxing scent of lavender, rosemary and gurjun balsam; balancing your emotions and letting you experience your inner equilibrium
- Wellharmony – calming and leading you to your inner core with the sensual scent of orange, grapefruit and tangerine; helping you to find new strength.
Ear Candling can benefit:
- excessive/compacted ear wax
- mild hearing loss
- ear ache
- sinus problems
- colds and flu
- snoring (in some cases)
- meniers disease
- pressure regulation
Note: Ear Candling* must always be carried out on both ears. Receiving this treatment on only one ear may cause imbalances and further problems in the longer term.
*There is a myth that ear wax is `sucked up’ through the candle. This is not true as the filter in the candle does not allow residue to pass through in either direction. The residue in the tube at the end is that from the candle itself. This residue however will enable the therapist to understand a lot about your condition and need for further treatment.